Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mardi Gras Mayhem


Well it's that time of year again. The glitter is deep, feathers are flying, sequins and all that is shiny has come out of the bins to create yet another Mardi Gras costume.
It's also the time of year I essentially disappear from the web for a week, perhaps two. I have my brother John and his wild family coming from Michigan for the celebration. My sister Corky her daughter Chloe and their two dogs also from Michigan will be staying with my sister Sissy that lives around the corner. We'll be going to the parades the parties and once again celebrating life and each other in the form of Mardi Gras.
So if you notice an absence of LoopyBoopy be sure I will return once the beads have been caught, the costumes have been donned, the alcohol has been drunk and the booties have been shook. I look forward to returning with renewed inspiration and zest for life as Mardi Gras always is great for both.

12 comments:

Sue said...

You will have SO MUCH fun!!! Take pics (if you are able)


Sue

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Oh That sounds like SOOOOO much fun Colleen!!! We will miss you but I am sure there is plenty of inspiration to be had at Mardi Gras!!
Have fun and we DO expect some photos:)

HUGZ
Jacqui

Anonymous said...

Have SO MUCH Fun Colleen... I wish I was there to celebrate with you!
Pattee

essie said...

Have fun Colleen.
I always wanted to celebrate Mardi gras in New Orleans.
My mom and second dad were in New Orleans during Mardi Gras 18 years ago and they looooved it.
Please take pics, have fun and be safe ;)

Hugs,
Es

pumpkinhaus said...

Ohmeegawd... i wanna snag a ride from the michiganders and play with you too!!!!!!!

xoxo ~ dani

Kaerie Faerie said...

have a great time, wish I could get away and join the fun, feathers and sparkles and dancing all big faves of mine
looking forward to pics
Kaerie Faerie

Cindi Myers said...

I'm sure you'll have a wild and crazy time! Sounds so great!
Hope you get some pics that you can post! LOL!
Have Fun, you'll be missed!

Gerushia's New World said...

Oh, please, please share some fabulous photos of Mardi Gras when you get back!! I have always dreamed of living in New Orleans!

Kim
Gerushia's New World

Unknown said...

Now that's the way we all need to celebrate living life in our respective cities :) Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Lord I miss New Orleans. I'll just have to eat lot's of Gumbo and drink Voodoo Juice and pretend I was there! Have tons of fun and catch lot's of beads! Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Have fun, you! Crazy to think that it's already *that time* again!

We're gonna be coming down there off Crazy-Time to visit our assorted friends....we need to meet up!

Yara said...

Hi there..I love your work and a big fan..
I want to order Felicia!..is it possible ?
If so, would you please let me know :)

yara.afshar@gmail.com

Yara