Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Amber

Amber dreamed of being a famous actress. She got kicked out of drama club because yet again dad was to drunk to drive her to the classes and mom was off playing bingo. So what, Amber thought, who needed those stupid classes? There was enough drama right here at home and Amber would learn from the best. She WOULD become a famous actress dammit!!



Amber is a full sculpted doll. A technique I haven't done in quite sometime. Funny, before I ventured into this crazy world of art dolls I considered myself a sculptor and every aspect of my work was sculpted. Making Amber made me feel a bit like the sculptor I view myself as.

Amber also is a hanging doll. I tried to make her look as though she was hanging from a meat hook..I think I almost got it. How ideal to hang an art doll. I don't know about y'all but I never have enough shelf space so a hanging doll is perfect in my book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her and the hanging idea is great!

SpiritMama said...

Amber is very cool!

moti said...

great job!!!!!!!!!!, sooooooooo cool!!!!!!!
regars

Eli