Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bethany and a Vacation

Bethany is most surely the last doll I will make before heading out on a much needed vacation.

You can read about the poor lass here

I'm bound for the Great North..well Michigan anyways, to visit with family and old friends. I am soo ready to get out this N'awlins heat I could scream. It is around 100 degrees everyday with ridiculous humidity (one certainly needs gills to breath) plus I've come upon the ripe age of pre-menopause and the hot flashes are not helping. Oh how I dream of a cool Michigan summer.


Our plans are to head to the Upper Peninsula for a camping trip. I hope to dip my naked body into the icy cold Lake Superior (I promise I will do this at night as to not frighten anyone:) and spend some evenings around the campfire with some of my favorite people, my sisters, my daughter and my niece.


6 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

wishing you safe travels, cool weather & much fun. :)

Zan Asha said...

Haha, I need a vacation too, but I live in the NorthEast! No skinny dipping for me :D Have a great time away!

Anonymous said...

Colleen have a fabulous time... A much deserved rest and go dipping... your only young once... seriously only once!
Pattee :)

Oh and your next to vacation doll Bethany is wonderful as is all your dolls~
Pattee

DellaRae said...

Oh, Colleen, I know you are ready to see your family. I leave for Kentucky Sunday to see my girls. I can't wait!

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Bethany is AWESOME!! I love her and will read her story too. It always brings your dolls to life:) (or death..lol)
As for your holiday, you should skip arcoss the boarder to the great white canadian side and visit me, Kamila and Sue:) WOuldn't that be fun!!!! I am about 1 1/2 hour drive from the detroit boarder!

Have a wonderful trip and can't wait to see what a much needed rest brings to the doll world when you come back:)

Unknown said...

Hope you have a wonderful vacation filled with lots of fun!
:) Nicole