Thursday, July 9, 2009

Allie the Orphan


Allie lives at 1000 Magazine Street, address of St. Mary's Orphanage. Allie got dropped off at the orphanage not long ago. She was having a hard time making friends as Allie was considered the 'pretty' girl and everyone knew that reduced their chances of getting a new mommy and daddy on showing day.
Making these dolls has been such a great learning experience for me. Plus I so identify with these little orphans. Doll making is a process, there are so many facets and techniques it could take a life time to really learn them all. I have a tendency to envelope myself in the new things I learn and then move on....but I believe I have a few more of these orphans up my sleeve.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

This little girl is adorable! I love the back story and her little legs... so cute.