Friday, April 10, 2009

Lolita No. 8


Lolita is the 8th doll in my series The Residents of 7717 St. Charles Ave.


Lolita acquired the house at 7717 St. Charles Ave. in a divorce settlement. She never really liked the place it was big and empty and very hard to maintain on her cocktail waitress job. She worked down in the quarter at the Absinthe House. The problem was the Lolita liked the absinthe a bit too much and it was her final demise. She is buried in Cemetery #1 at Prytania and Washington.

Lolita was a custom order for a very treasured customer. She requested that Lolita be more full figured which was something new for this series. I kinda like Lolita's larger body and may do more.

7 comments:

Judy C said...

I do so love your girls. What fun they are.

Sue said...

Love the fuller figure! I think it gives her more of a decadent look - yes, you should make more!

Anonymous said...

Colleen~ I just love any of your dolls and she is no different!
PAt

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

Colleen, I am going to jump in that brain of yours just for a minute...you are so freaking cool and these stories that you are adding to this new series of art dolls are just amazing and so entertaining...we want more....WHOOOHOOOOO Happy Easter Weekend to you and your family...
Cheers my friend!

Anonymous said...

Lolita is great. I do like her fuller figure and her little tophat is perfect.

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

Hi sweetheart... how the heck are you? I left you something on my blog! Keep making these amazing art dolls... I so love their little stories too! Have a beautiful creative weekend...Cheers my friend!

Verlene said...

Oh my gosh I love your dolls! They are so whimsical and their stories are the perfect touch! - verlene