Thursday, April 2, 2009

Josephine A Resident of 7717 St. Charles Ave.


Josephine is the 7th doll in my series The Residents of 7717 St. Charles Ave.
Josephine had lived at 7717 St. Charles Ave for about a year before the big storm hit. Hurricane Betsy was predicted by the local weather man Nash Roberts to be the biggest and worst storm to ever hit the region. Josephine, trusted Nash but had decided she would stay and ride out the storm, perhaps even throw a grand Hurricane party. She knew her home, which was near the river banks was built on one of the highest points in the city and she felt confident everything would be fine. Josephine and her home made it through the deadly storm. Unfortunately when she stepped outside once it had past she didn't see that downed power line and Josephine was electrocuted. Josephine is buried in cemetery No. 1 at the corner of Prytania and Washington.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. I love the stories that accompany your dolls, it makes them so unique and personal. Can't wait to see more of the residents!

Anonymous said...

She's wonderful!!! I love her face! Do you use sculpy?
I always love the stories you put with your dolls~
Pat : )

Nat said...

This is such a very elegant piece of sculpture. I love all your work, but this one seems to have taken a stronger more serious turn in the whole style that is Loopy Boopy Art.

Anonymous said...

God, I just love her. You are so very talented. Love all your dolly's!

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Loopy!!! I love her!! She has a very pretty face and I love the red:) Keep them commin girl, I can't get enough!!
The stories are freat too:)

HUGZ
Jacqui

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

Loopy I'm so digging your new series and the stories that go along with their little hearts...I love her and I love how your creative style with their little dresses. AND CHECK OUT HER HAIR... Marvelous daring!!!!
Cheers!

LoopyBoopy said...

Thanks ya'll.

Pat, yep I use Super Sculpey and the bodice of her dress is Sculpey III. You use Sculpey too? I'm still having to get used the new softer formula..drives me crazy!!

New Orleans is a plethora of inspiration to me so I figured I use some of it's history and local terminology and characters to give my girls some background, it kind of helps bring them to life.

Nash Roberts was a weatherman here in New Orleans. Every hurricane season he would come on the TV with his green chalkboard and forecast the hurricane, even with all the new satellite and radar technology people here trusted him and his chalkboard over all of it.

Sue said...

Colleen, I just LOVE these new pieces with their stories. Poor fried Josephine!

Amy Short said...

I love her! You know while reading your story you get hope that this chick is so cool she overcame the storm and then bam!...over! Bravo! :o) Amy

Bonnie Lee Fontaine said...

It's difficult when one has such an electric personality. The news of her demise was just shocking. Watt's next for the poor residents? (Painfully punny, isn't it?)

REALLY love her expression. :o)

jasmoonbutterfly said...

I adore your dolls...beautiful :)