Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Embellishing Ella


With embellishing in mind I set out to make Ella.  So with her tiny underpants, tights, underskirt, skirt, over skirt and her velvet jacket she has five layers of clothing on:)  Each piece I finish completely even if you don't end up seeing it.  I just can't stand the thought of unfinished panties under all her clothing.   Ella is free standing and measures approx 12" tall.

In making her I had to dig deep into my stash of vintage laces and linens which was a really great thing, I found stuff in there I had forgotten I had.  It's good to rotate your supplies from time to time.

I've been diggning through Victorian parlor photography for clothing inspiration and I think Ella's little get up would fit perfectly into the era.

10 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

She's beautiful! I love her little jacket! Michele

Dawn in the Forest said...

She's beautiful:) You did a wonderful job on all her little clothes!

Evelyn's Wonderland said...

She is beautiful! Her clothes are adorable, especially her little jacket!

Amber Leilani said...

that's a lot of layers...but that's what makes your work so unique and beautiful! the attention to detail you give each piece is amazing! love her...

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

She is really beautiful! I love her frocks! The time and attention to detail really shows. Awesome

Anonymous said...

love her! X//3 she is such a doll..! ehhrm.. :s but anyway, so adorible. X3

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

I love Ellas eyes...they are "Very REAL"....and her outfit is the cats meow...love the velvet jacket with pin!!! Love Colleen

JDConwell said...

Oooh. Very well done.

Anonymous said...

She's fabulous Colleen!!! Just a superb job of dressing her and embellishments!!!

XXX Pattee

Some day I'll own one of your dolls
: )

TRAPOS Y CARTONES said...

Hi.
Your artworks are really very interesting and great!!! Morover all of them are atractive girls.
We have linked your blog in own.
Kisses!!!