Friday, March 5, 2010

Sewing Machine Blues

My sewing machine and I have been duking it out this week. I'm not sure why she is so ornery with me. Of course I realize my sewing machine is an inanimate object and doesn't really have feelings but we spend so much time together I tend to think of her as a good friend and when we disagree about when and how she should sew well, I tend to take it personally.

So I've been throwing spools of thread, ripping out seams and doing a lot of yelling she in return has been messing up my stitches and stopping for no reason. I thought we needed a break and stepped aside and did some hand stitching, but when I return, thinking we might have made up she starts up with her shenanigans again.

Amidst all this turmoil I somehow managed to actually finish some dolls this week. This weekend I'm going to try to patch up my relationship with my sewing machine, give her a good cleaning and oiling and I'm hoping my efforts will make her see that we really can be friends.

7 comments:

Tumbleweed Trails said...

Maybe if you whisper to her about all of her fans who just love seeing what the two of you create together and how much we'd all miss her wondrous dollies she would see how much she is needed and how we are counting on her to fill our days with delight. Then maybe just maybe...she'd stop her temper tantrums and the two of you could be a happy twosome once again.
Jody

Kaerie Faerie said...

that is usually what you have to do, TLC take her apart and dust her and oil her, change the needle
When something happens to my machine, it is like a death in the family LOL
I feel like my arm is missing
I'm completely attached to my machine too
Love your new dolls
your fairy friend
Karey

Cindi Myers said...

The others are probably right...about being kind and sweet.
I personally shake mine, blow it with compressed air and threaten to dump it at Goodwill and REPLACE it!
Tough Luv!

PolkadotToadstool said...

Have you tried leaving her some chocolate?

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

LOL! i vote for the chocolate!!!

LoopyBoopy said...

LOL, I see y'all have similar relationship with your machine. What great tactics to mend this relatioship y'all have offered. thanks!

WingingIt said...

your work is amazing...hope you and the machine make amends soon! i know how crazy making it can be...is it a new machine to you?