Thursday, October 30, 2008

Loss of Innocence


I've always said that most of my work is inspired by my 9 year old daughter and I've been giving this some thought of late. There is no doubt that her wacky antics and fantastical ideas inspire me but I also think the experience of motherhood is an amazing inspiration. Once you have a child as you mothers know your entire existence changes paths. Every emotional crisis your child goes through brings up memories of your own childhood and forces you to go down that path of re-examining your life through a mothers eyes. Anyway..not to get to deep or anything but I was just having these ideas in regards to my work and I'm starting to understand that many of my pieces are born from the memories of lost innocence and the pains of growing up and becoming aware of the good that is in the world as well as the bad. My fallen angel series is definitely born out of these memories.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

this one hit home, great read. oh, and of course you know I love your work.

Paola said...

loopy i really enjoy your post
:=)

Amy Short said...

I love the latest stuff you are doing. These dolls are fabulous!! I'm happy to have found you. I'll be back often...you're going on my blog roll. :o) Amy