Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Bit of Cheating with The Orphans


Meet AnnaBelle, another doll in my Orphans series.


AnnaBelle lives at 1000 Magazine Street, address of St. Mary's Orphanage. AnnaBelle hates showing day. All the girls fight over those dresses that were once fancy but now are just tattered and torn. They try their best to be just as pretty as possible but AnnaBelle, shes not playing that game. She is who she is and this is what you get is her attitude. She always acted tough but the truth is she would really like a new mommy and daddy.


I feel like I'm being a bit of a cheating with this series as I am using vintage doll clothes to dress them. I'm having to alter them a bit and in reality it would probably take me less time to just make my own.


I love these vintage clothes though. The current ones are from the 1950's and are Ginny clothes. (no worries collectors, the clothes are all a bit tattered and probably not collectors quality) The styles are perfect for my personal taste.


I'm actually learning a lot about construction of doll clothing working with these pieces too. I've made a few patterns of my own from the clothes and am finding that this is a great opportunity to really learn how to dress a doll. Plus, since I never really played with dolls as a child I'm having fun finally as an adult playing dolly dress up:)

11 comments:

Abi said...

She is adorable!

Marjorie said...

Love her!...and her clothes:)

Unknown said...

how cool, a whole series of dolls that seem to be inspired by a awesome find! (the clothes)
as always, absolutely fantastic dolls!

3rdEyeMuse said...

love, love, love her and her recycles duds!

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Hey loopy, as always I love her to bits!!! This is NOT cheating at all!!! You are giving these once loved doll clothes a second chance and I think it is wonderful!! I have used and altered old doll clothes in the past too and it IS a great learning expierence:) Lucky you for finding them and lucky for the probably garbage destined doll cloths:)

Her out fit is PERFECT for her and she looks adorable! I would adorp her in a heartbeat:)

HUGZ
Jacqui

DellaRae said...

Colleen,
AnnaBelle look perfect is her hand me down clothes.

Judy C said...

I love the doll and the idea of using reworked doll clothes for her is terrific. She is so cute.

Anonymous said...

She is sweet and love her outfit! ☺

Unknown said...

Seriously, these dolls are about as cute as can be. I love this little lady.

DellaRae said...

Colleen, you know I love your blog, so.... I am presenting the "One Lovely Blog" award to you. Please visit my blog to get your badge and read the rules for accepting this award.

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

how could anyone resist adopting your sweethearts? I love that you are using vintage clothes I think it add to the story :)

You are so inspiring loopy!