Sunday, June 14, 2009

Annie the Orphan



Annie lives at 1000 Magazine Street, address of St. Mary's Orphanage. Annie knows shes getting older and no kids over 12 ever get adopted so she always stands tall and smiles the best smile she can muster on showing day.



Annie is my new orphan. Shes a bit bigger than the other orphans as I've found the vintage clothes fit a bit of a bigger doll. I kinda like making bigger pieces. She measures 12" tall. Weird, I actually tried to make Annie smiling and she came out even more creepy than ever:)



7 comments:

DellaRae said...

Hey Colleen,
Wondered where you have been....love Annie.

essie said...

She's gorgeous!
Beautiful work as always.

hugs,
Es

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

I love Annie Colleen, and yes that is so sad...I agree, I must adopt her! LOL I love what you are doing to their little outfits. Can you make big girl clothes? LOL
Have a great week!
Cheers

Judy C said...

But she's gorgeous. She definitely should be adopted.

Sue said...

Oh Colleen, she is so wistful looking - you can tell she wants a hug so badly! Love her!

Anonymous said...

Creepy is good! I love her outfit ☺

Larah said...

Now I'm writing my college essay about dolls.
And your blog, your essay help me very match. Thanks.