Friday, January 21, 2011

Something Different Benny


Meet Benny.  I've decided to take a day a week and work on something different from what I normally do.  Benny is what has come of those days.

I thought about approaching the head from a totally different and quite opposite direction than my normal loopy dolls.  Typically my dolls eyes are big with tiny facial features.  Benny on the other hand has teeny eyes and huge facial features.  I really like the way he came out.  He's full of wonder with a little hesitation. 

I'm looking forward to exploring new designs, it's good for my creative soul:)

10 comments:

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

He is really cool! Still your style but a new little twist. Love it!

Shauna Henry said...

I really like the way you did his face! I'm loving the small eyes.

Unknown said...

I really like him and the very white face and hair! Nice!

Dawn in the Forest said...

I think he's great!

Sue said...

Colleen, I have been feeling rather
listless lately and reading this post and seeing Benny has inspired me to just 'do something' and try something different.

I really like Benny - a change yes, but very successful! Good for you for trying something different!

:)

Anthropomorphica said...

Your experiment worked out so well, he's great!

Kailee said...

He is wonderful and still so quintessentially Loopy!

Cindi Myers said...

I love all your creations!
That's so cool that you decided to explore something different!
I would have said "Hey! Don't mess with perfection" but as always, you knew best! Very cool! Love him!
XOXO - Cindi

JDConwell said...

I think he's fascinating--and love the story about his frog-dog. :~)

(His Etsy listing says "she" though...just so you know.)

jan

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

I love him...he is very "real" and its funny...even though the changes are there with the eyes and features...he is still your "style"...that is very cool....your work is who you are! Colleen