Saturday, April 3, 2010

Harper the Traveler



As some of you may know I'm involved in a collaborative project called the Traveling Doll Project. I did this last year and it was so much fun I decided to do it again. If ever as an artist you have the opportunity and most importantly time:) to do a collaborative project I would highly suggest you do so. I have learned so much about doll making and technique by being involved in these projects.
So this is Harper, my second doll that I've work on in the project. The first Delta Dawn, you can view here


Harper was first created by Nicole of MealyMonster who lives in Buffalo New York.





Nicole sent lil naked and pale Harper off to Cindy Sowers from Vermont and she got some make-up, hair, a fancy hat and a groovy chair.



I've given Harper a bit of a new hair do and fancy lil dress. I will be sending her off to Susie McMahon in Australia for her last leg of her travels.

I so love how each artist is inspired differently by each doll they receive and the progress and changes are so unexpected. I look forward to seeing what happens to Harper next.

6 comments:

Kaerie Faerie said...

I keep saying I'm going to get into the traveling doll project, and then I chickened out, next time I'll take the plunge and go for it!
Happy Easter, eat lots of bunnies
chocolate ones, of course
I have Adele in a new Doll House Story on my Blog if you get and chance to take a peek
your fairy friend
Karey

BlacknickSculpture said...

The Traveling Doll Project - what a cool idea! I hope you post pictures of the finished Harper after her visit to Australia.

Anonymous said...

She's looking spectacular!!!!

DVArtist said...

Harper looks just like a girl I went to school with. LOL
Nicole/Beadwright

Faerie♥Kat said...

Miss Harper sure is looking loopyboopy fine!

Vieolla said...

Wow! For first time in my life I see dolls like that. Amazing job! =D