Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Lundi Gras

Oh my one more day..I'm not sure I can take it. We've been parading and partying for a week now and well..these old bones just aren't what they used to be:)

First you must see this fabulous hat I bought from a local artist here in New Orleans known only as Oliver (she has not site online:( Each piece is original and handmade and absolutely stunning. That's my sister Corky, from Michigan, she got herself one too.

This is a picture of the three sisters off to market. My sister Christine from Avantegarb sells every year at a costume sale down in the French Quarter. She creates the most wild and whacky costumes and it is soo much fun to see someone wearing her designs on Mardi Gras day. It's so rare that the three of us get together and we had a grand old time!Last but not least is my little precious skipping her way to a parade! I just love that smile!!

Oh I also want to mention, I've had the wonderful good fortune of being featured on A Bit of Color A terrific blog you must check out!!

4 comments:

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

My sweet party friend..you guys look like you have had a lot of fun and I only wish I could've been there with you all! Have a toast and martini for me! You guys are freaking adorable! LOL Love it!
Cheers!

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

Love the hats and the fact that everyone seems to be having such a great time. I have 2 sisters and think Im going to suggest some sisterly outing soon! Yea for sisters...especially creative, fun ones! Enjoy every minute!

Anonymous said...

You guys are having way too much fun and wishing I was there! :)

Unknown said...

looks like such fun!!