Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Marriage and a Mortgage


Alright a snowman gets one chance in life and it's all about placement, placement. Sal got rolled up this morning by a bunch of kids and dang if they didn't just set him right there in the noon day sun. Could we get a little supervision here!! It's already heating up and now that darn dog of theirs has come around and done his business right on Sal. Poor Sal.
So even with Arthur hanging around yesterday I was able to finish this creepy little snowman.
You know it's funny 10 years ago before I was married, had a child and a mortgage I would sculpt these large size happy naked dancing pagan type sculptures. Nowadays I sculpt these small, worried and anxiety ridden little characters. Hmmmm, there is no doubt art is imitating my life. I still see myself as that wild and happy dancing chick but these are what come out. If I weren't able to see the humor in this reality I might go crazy. Some days I feel like a pee'd on snowman, but you know what that is kind of funny.

2 comments:

Paola Zakimi said...

great, just lovely, i really like the snowman, that look, he is so goodlooking!

Paola Zakimi said...

Loopy i gives an award at my blog,