Monday, December 3, 2007

First Entry


Well I guess I'm finally going to do it, start blogging. Hey all the cool kids are doing it!!


My main focus will be sculpture. Check out my shop on Etsy . I love working with clay, polymer clay, papier mache and paper clay. Anything I can squish, squeeze and shape in my hands. I've been doing it for 15 years, self taught and learning more everyday.


I also plan to feature many of the other amazing artists I find and am inspired by in many different mediums.


So I guess I'll just get started and all the other creepy lil details will come out as I go.

Here's a picture of a new doll. I call him The Lost Buttonboy. Inspired by a freaky book I recently read. I had intended to read this book with my 8 year old daughter NoraLeigh and was very glad that I picked it up and read it alone one rainy afternoon. The book is Coraline and it is one of the scariest books I have read in along time. There are characters in the book called The Others and they have buttons for eyes. I tried to create a piece that relayed the creepiness this book and it's characters instilled.

No comments: