Thursday, March 18, 2010

Creepy Clowns with Bodies

Please meet Samuel.


I've had a number of requests for full bodied clowns which I thought might be fun, so Samuel and Fredrick have come into being.


Clowns are funny things, it seems people either love them or hate them. I took a clown class in 4H when I was a youngster and it was actually fun. I think my clown name was Farmer Bill if I recall correctly. I really wasn't very good at being a clown, though I did like the make-up and costume the trying to make people laugh part did not come easy to me, I was of course a cranky teenager at the time, so my clown days were over.



Samuel

10 comments:

Kaerie Faerie said...

I love your clowns, and yes the makeup is the best part, I use to ride a unicycle in the Sailor Circus, as a clown, too funny that you were a clown too
your fairy friend
Karey

Lisa Johnson said...

They are great! I love them!

Anonymous said...

I love your clowns Colleen... You are so clever.

Gerushia's New World said...

Love your clown story!! I love your clowns as well. There are certain types of clowns that I hate. You know, the traditional kind that Red Skelton painted. I'm not a fan of those types of clowns. I like creepy subdued clowns, I guess. I especially love that you used black and white stripes on yours. Thanks so much for sharing.

Also, I'm having a little give-away on my blog for 5 of my art prints. All of them are rabbity and/or Eastery. All you have to do is leave a comment.

Thanks:
Kim
Gerushia's New World

Cindi Myers said...

My sister is terrified of clowns!
If only I had more "funds" I would purchase BOTH Samuel and Fredrick! (One for her Mother's Day gift and the other for her Birthday!)I love my sister dearly but Hey! We're sisters! LOL!
I adore them! They are perfect!

Sue said...

FABULOUS Clown Colleen! Make more!

Sue:)

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Ooooo...I love them both Colleen!!! they are really awesome:) Their expressions are perfect and their clothing is da bomb!!
hahahahaha "Farmer Bill" hahahah
the only kind of clown I was, was a class clown!! LOL

FairiesNest said...

I love that they're monochromatic, simply wonderful!

jasmoonbutterfly said...

he is great!

Evelyn's Wonderland said...

I love clowns and especially love yours and the costumes too.