Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Boudior Girls


I've been having fun delving into the history of the Storyville brothels as this is going to be the backdrop for my next series of dolls.

I'd like to introduce you to Candy and Ruth. They both work for Madame Josie Alton, who owns one of the nicest bordellos down on Basin Street. Wealthy gentleman, politicians and men of high class visit Mdme Alton's often as she always has the prettiest and most well mannered girls. She calls them her nieces.

These dolls are a tad different that others I've done as they have jointed knees. I really love this as it makes the dolls even more animated. I might try the elbows next.

I'm working on some more of these dollies so stay tuned:)

7 comments:

Kaerie Faerie said...

These are the cutest dolls ever, love their little outfits, and making dolls bend is so much fun
Karey

DellaRae said...

Cute little Tarts...ready for a wild night!

Zan Asha said...

Excellent as usual!

Anonymous said...

LOL Colleen~ I love these sisters! You are a genius in my eyes~
Pattee

Unknown said...

Beautiful Dolls...little bit naughty and a little bit nice...lol
Love the theme!!

Cindi Myers said...

Very cool as always! Love the way you did the knees!

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Brilliant Colleen!! I love the idea and she is fab as always!! Cool how her knees bend and I love her sassy working digs;)

HUGZ
Jacqui